AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2
projects45
205 Views, 1 Reply

xref

I'm having problems with tiff images. I can load them as an xref but then at times that the image will not load. it seems to have lost the file path. Also when I send dwg  to other draftsman outside-- the tif image will not load what is the trick to have the tiff image move with dwg no matter what drive its on or where its going. Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
thepworth
in reply to: projects45

I used to have the same problem - if I loaded a .TIF on one workstation (case in point, scanned SWPPP BMP's required on plans from an approving agency) and then had a colleague print from another workstation, the TIF's wouldn't load for them, even though we had the same drive pathing to the network server.  For some .TIF's, I could only see them from the same workstation I had logged in to import them into the drawing (straight image inserts).  Changed to use .PNG's instead of TIFs and didn't see the problem again.  My only suggestion is to convert from the .TIF to another format, but it would be a pain if you're using georeferenced imagery. However, I've never had issues with geotifs / mapiinserted images...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost