AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

world file .tfwx

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rmacan
1182 Views, 5 Replies

world file .tfwx

Does anyone have an idea how would I insert a *.tiff image with a world file that is *.tfwx into MAP 2014? 

MAP appears to ignore it.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: rmacan

Hi,

I would rename the file from TFWX to TFW and try it again, it that does not help, can you upload that TFWX file so we can look into it?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
vladimir_michl
in reply to: rmacan

.TFWX files contain approximate affine transformation data (when the original transformation cannot be exactly expressed as affine). Just rename this world file to .TFW and load/reference it with your TIFF file using IINSERT or GeoRefImg. This is the best approximation in AutoCAD or AutoCAD Map.

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz  www.cadforum.cz

Message 4 of 6
rmacan
in reply to: vladimir_michl

Thanks for the responses.  Yes, upon getting a reply from the source of the files, it appears that the images aren't really rubbersheeted, so the world file was approximate.  This seems to be ESRI's way of identifying that.  Since I need to delineate from them, I'll go ahead and rubbersheet them more accurately. 

So I learned something today. 

Thanks again!

Randy

Message 5 of 6

vladimir.michl wrote:

.Just rename this world file to .TFW

Already written by Herr Alfred, sir.

vladimir.michl wrote:

load/reference it with your TIFF file using IINSERT

Are you meaning _MAPIINSERT or what else, sir?

Message 6 of 6

Yes, any command supporting "world" georeference files can be used - IINSERT, MAPIINSERT, GEOREFIMG...

Vladimir Michl,  www.cadstudio.cz   www.cadforum.cz

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost