AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

workspace

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
grimline
596 Views, 8 Replies

workspace

Hi,

In map  2013 there is a "planning and analysis" workspace. Where is it in 2014?

Thanks in advance

Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2016
Windows 7 Professional
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00 GHz
8.00 GB RAM
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: grimline

Hi,

>> Where is it in 2014?

In the same place:

C:\Users\<your login>\appdata\roaming\autodesk\autodesk autocad map 3d 2014\

r19.1\<your language code>\support\map.cuix

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9
grimline
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Actually, I was refering to the pull down. See clouded areas in the attached pdf. Map2013.pdf shows the workstation and it is not there in Map2014.pdf.

I hope I do not have to cross the black sea to find it.

Thanks Alfred.

Windows 7 Professional
8.00 GB RAM
Message 4 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

you have not loaded the Map.CUIX, instead you used the ACAD.CUIX.

That might come from starting Map3D with the icon "Map3D as AutoCAD" instead of "Map3D 2014".

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 9
grimline
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

How to load Map.cuix?

I type LOAD then browsed to the location you indicated and selected the map.cuix. The problem was that it was already loaded. Still can't see the workspace.

Thanks

Windows 7 Professional
8.00 GB RAM
Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> The problem was that it was already loaded

Yep, if you start with the wrong icon then the ACAD.CUIX is loaded.

If you start with the icon "Map3D 2015" (not having "as AutoCAD" in the icons label) then the menufile MAP.CUIX is loaded (as long as there are no changes done during network deployments.

If you don't have it on your desktop, then look in the Windows-start menu, section Autodesk fot the correct start-link.

>> I type LOAD then browsed to the location you indicated and selected the map.cuix

I'm wondering how you can load a menu (main custumization) with the LOAD command. IMHO that is not possible.
To load another menu file you should use command _MENU.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 9
diane.cloutier

Hi grimline,

Are you asking about 2014 or 2015?  Either way, I think what you need to do is turn on "Workspace" on the "Quick Access Toolbar" by clicking on the arrow on the right side of the top-most toolbar on the left side of the screen.  In previous versions Workspace was on by default, but looks like in 2015 it is not.  I just created a short video for another customer on how to switch to Map Classic in 2015, so take a look at that to see where you turn on the Workspaces drop down:

https://chronicle.autodesk.com/Main/Details/eb18109a-b02d-4f2e-86f4-b9e1ead985fc

Let me know if that is what you are referring to...

Thanks!

Diane Cloutier
Message 8 of 9
parkr4st
in reply to: diane.cloutier

14 & 15 Look in the lower right of the workspace.  There is an icon on a button that looks like a gear.  This is also workspace control.

Dave

Message 9 of 9
diane.cloutier
in reply to: parkr4st

Thanks, Dave!  Upon looking at the original question again, I think I may have misunderstood it, but good to know about the gear button!  Grimline, did you ever get your issue sorted out?

Diane Cloutier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost