AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

two drawings different coordinates

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
j_vallance20
345 Views, 3 Replies

two drawings different coordinates

I have two different drawings in roughly the same area with two different coordinates in the bottom left corner. One of which matches with Google Earth in Columbus, Ohio. The other does not match Google Earth, these numbers are showing in Illinois, which should be in Columbus, Ohio. Both of my drawings are set up for OH83-SF. The coordinates that are correct in Columbus, Ohio are 40.0957, -82.9242 and the wrong ones read, 37.8039, -89.2991 (Which are located in Illinois). These drawings are based off the same Shape File and are copied out of one big "County" drawing into a smaller "City" drawing. I know these drawing coordinates should not be the same but they should be closer than they are now. However, the odd thing is they xref correctly into each other. I am just looking for some ideas and can not find anything online about this issue.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
antoniovinci
in reply to: j_vallance20

Please zip the two .SHP files (only, without any DBF-SHX-PRJ) and upload here, thx.

Message 3 of 4
j_vallance20
in reply to: antoniovinci

They are DWG files now not shape files. I used one large shape file and converted it to DWG so we could break it down by city. These are too large to upload here. However, if I copy out a section of the wrong drawing and paste it into my template, the coordinates are shown correctly. I am looking at the coordinates in the bottom left corner of AutoCAD under geographic.

Message 4 of 4
parkr4st
in reply to: j_vallance20

if you have the shp why didn't you query the shp data by city and instead take the route you're on?  Or theme the data by city?

Dve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost