AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text visibility using 3Dclip

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
greatpanther
401 Views, 3 Replies

text visibility using 3Dclip

I'm trying to create slices through a 3D model. it's a model of an underground mine and i need to be able to show each mining level in a separate layout. 3Dclip command works fine for isolating the linework, according to elevation, but it doesn't clip the text annotations although the text is placed at the same elevation as the linework. The result is a mass of overlapping text that appears on every layout no matter where I set the clip planes

i had heard there was a 3D text command in map2008 that might solve this problem, but I can find no reference to 3D text in the map2008 help files.

solutions, suggestions?
tx
alistair
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I've the same problem but inside Autocad 2010, I'm using annotative dimensions and 3D clip, and no matter if I use text annotative or not I'm getting the same result, I can't see the dimension lines clips but in all layouts I see always dimension text isolated

Message 3 of 4
parkr4st
in reply to: greatpanther

What type of entities are you using? CAD polyline, line, etc; FDO data?

A quick thought may be to query by elevation each level to a separate dwg so only lines from one level and associated data show in the map.

if you have FDO data you may be able to theme and do away with labels.

Possibly you can provide some information and possibly a snippet for other to look at how you have organized your map?

dave

Message 4 of 4

In the 3D iso all nodes lines an text are coplanar even block ballons text

ISO.PNG

And this is the way that I see the the Layouts

Lower Floor

LowerFloor.PNG

and

Upper Floor

UpperFloor.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost