AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

text style error

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
marco.macchione
901 Views, 5 Replies

text style error

When I type the TEXT command, even in a new (empty) drawing, I get the error message "The current text style is not valid" in reference to the  <STANDARD> style.
This happens randomly when AutoCAD is started the first time after the computer is  turned on, but If I close and reopen Autocad, the error always appears.

AutoCAD is updated to SP1.

Could anyone make some suggestions ?

Thanks a lot !

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Murph_Map
in reply to: marco.macchione

If it's random at startup then I would think it's either a network error or users profile issue. What font is used for the standard text style in your dwt template? 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 6
marco.macchione
in reply to: Murph_Map

Hi Murph, thanks for your answer.
Actually Autocad uses a network license, but just to share the permission among the users, while the software is installed on the local PCs, so I don't think it could be a network issue.
Instead it could really be an issue related to the user profile, but what ?
I tried to install the software on another identical laptop (Dell Latitude E6530) and made a new user; unluckily nothing changed.
The dwt template uses Arial font as standard style (it is set in automatic by setup); I also tried to make a new dwt template in which Romans font (Autodesk text style) is used as standard style, but again no solution.
However there's a news: when i get the text related error, I can't even access the AutoCAD Text Style windows as i get an "Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at ec6219a5h" AutoCAD error message.
Hope this could be useful.

Message 4 of 6

Hi Marco,

1. Which release of AutoCAD Map 3D is this? Is it 2014?

2. Also, could you please attach a screenshot of your Support File Search Path? (like shown below)

Thanks!

OPTIONS-SFSP.PNG

Phil Borycens
Message 5 of 6

Hi Phil,

I apologize for my late in answer.

Yes, it is Autocad Map 3D 2014 with SP1.

Here you find a my screenshot of Support File Search Path.

Thanks a lot

Message 6 of 6

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the info. It looks normal to me, at first glance.

I do not have the Italian version of Map 3D 2014 installed on any of my test machines, but I was actually trying to install it last week (with problems on both my laptop and desktop).

Would you like to try running the Reset Settings to Default utility that comes with AutoCAD Map 3D? I'm not sure what it's called in Italian, but it will be under your All Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD Map 3D 2014.

Often resetting the user-specific settings clears away issues like this. Please let me know what your results are after doing that.

Phil Borycens

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost