AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

shp to shp

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
326 Views, 4 Replies

shp to shp

Hello to all !
Can somebody tell me if it’s possible after selecting some specific features in a shape file, export them to another shape ?
For example, I have a shape named buildings, and I want select the monuments and create a new shape file called Monuments.
Thanks in advanced

Diogo David
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Create a query to filter your SHP and then bulk copy to a new SHP.

You can create the query when adding to your map, or right click the feature if it is already in the map.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi,

concerning this bulk copy to a new shp, specially when I´m exporting polygon objs, if these area features (such as parcels) have an island, during bulk copy Map alerts for a geometry error, and if you choose to ignore the error, no polygon with an island is exported - just the others.
Any ideas? have you have this same problem?

thx
Clara
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

I have tried the “bulk copy” and it works, but perhaps I didn’t do it correctly.
I made a query to my source shp to select some elements and execute the bulk copy, but the new shp is a copy of the source shp, however what I expected was that the new shp only hade the selected elements, but it has them all (the selected and anselected).
Can some body help me ?
Thank you very much
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

After you query the shp file for the features do a
save to SDF in the display manager, then if you need it as a shp format you need
to create a new shp file and bulk copy the sdf to it. It gets tricky but the new
shp file needs to be in it's own (new/empty) folder for the bulk copy to work
with out errors.

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
I
have tried the “bulk copy” and it works, but perhaps I didn’t do it correctly.
I made a query to my source shp to select some elements and execute the bulk
copy, but the new shp is a copy of the source shp, however what I expected was
that the new shp only hade the selected elements, but it has them all (the
selected and anselected). Can some body help me ? Thank you very
much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report