AutoCAD Map 3D General

dkent
Message 1 of 3 (190 Views)

refresh layer

190 Views, 2 Replies
06-21-2012 11:20 AM

When I am editing my shape file, I select "new feature from geometry" and check in that feature. Sometimes after the "check in", when I refresh layer, the older edits disappear. Any input on what is happening?

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (188 Views)

Re: refresh layer

06-21-2012 12:30 PM in reply to: dkent

Hi,

I've seen that if there were multiple connections built to that SHP-data. So e.g. you have connected to the SHP twice and you edit it (one of the multiple connected data), the update of the geometry-data is not refreshed in both connections.

Another option may be that you have an IDX-file that was modified or created from an ESRI-product. Map3D and ArcGIS handle the IDX different, so exchanging data may result in some defects.

HTH, - alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
richardj
Message 3 of 3 (157 Views)

Re: refresh layer

06-28-2012 04:11 PM in reply to: dkent

The refresh layer seems to be regenall for GIS layers.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community