AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Stylizing"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rsniff
699 Views, 2 Replies

"Stylizing"

I am having an issue with certain maps taking a long time to open.  There is a window that opens up that says "Stylizing...."  and it just sits there not responding.  It seems to happen after I connect to external data through Data Connect.  Also sometimes after I Mapimport a shapefile.  I am inexperienced with Map 3D so please ask me questions if more info is needed.

AutoCad Map 3D 2014
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Office 2010 64-bit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: rsniff

Hi,

what type of datasources do you use in that drawings? Images, Shapes, SDF's, database-connections (what database) ...?

Have you tried to clear the Map-Cache folder? Maybe there are too many files in it (command _MAPOPTIONS ==> tab System), also check the number of files in your temp folder, clean it too if possible.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
braudpat
in reply to: rsniff

Hello rsniff

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

+1 with Alfred

Other ideas:

- Have you a lot of FDO Labels ?

I am speaking of maybe more than 5000/10000 FDO Labels ... which are using MTExt (Default) and not Text ...

- Have you a lot of complex FDO rules one some heavy FDO layers ?

- Have you installed the SP 1 for MAP 2014 ?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22356664&linkID=9240858

Bye, Pat

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost