AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Contributor
rsniff
Message 1 of 3 (125 Views)

"Stylizing"

125 Views, 2 Replies
12-13-2013 01:29 PM

I am having an issue with certain maps taking a long time to open.  There is a window that opens up that says "Stylizing...."  and it just sits there not responding.  It seems to happen after I connect to external data through Data Connect.  Also sometimes after I Mapimport a shapefile.  I am inexperienced with Map 3D so please ask me questions if more info is needed.

AutoCad Map 3D 2014
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Office 2010 64-bit

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 3 (107 Views)

Re: "Stylizing"

12-13-2013 06:37 PM in reply to: rsniff

Hi,

what type of datasources do you use in that drawings? Images, Shapes, SDF's, database-connections (what database) ...?

Have you tried to clear the Map-Cache folder? Maybe there are too many files in it (command _MAPOPTIONS ==> tab System), also check the number of files in your temp folder, clean it too if possible.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Expert Elite*
braudpat
Message 3 of 3 (92 Views)

Re: "Stylizing"

12-14-2013 09:53 AM in reply to: rsniff

Hello rsniff

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

+1 with Alfred

Other ideas:

- Have you a lot of FDO Labels ?

I am speaking of maybe more than 5000/10000 FDO Labels ... which are using MTExt (Default) and not Text ...

- Have you a lot of complex FDO rules one some heavy FDO layers ?

- Have you installed the SP 1 for MAP 2014 ?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=22356664&linkID=9240858

Bye, Pat

Bye, Pat

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community