I know that function to publish to DWF3D is from AutoCAD but I've only MAP3D software, so I post here.
I've a DTMs using 3D face and a custom materials.
I've cylinders (3D Solid) with material for pipes.
When I publish to DWF3D (DWF format or DWFx format)
- if I include only 3DFace, material is atttached and visible in ADR2012 (DWFx file size 500Ko)
- if I include 3DFace and 3DSolid, materials are not included and not visible in ADR (DWFx file size 250Ko)
- If I explode my 3DSolid to surface and region, materials are not included (DWFx size 250ko)
- if I convert my 3DSolid to 3DFace, all material are visible in ADR (DWFx size 600ko)
- If I include 3DFace and 3DSolid, but use Options to select objets, material are included where there is no 3DSolid, but 3Dface above and around 3DSolid have no material.
I've tried from MAP 3D 2012 and MAP 3D2013 (64bit), results are the same. I use ADR 2012 instead of 2013 because there is a bug in relative hyperlinks in ADR 2013. But according to the size of DWFx I think problem is in AutoCAD not in ADR.
Did you succes to publish 3D solid & 3DFace with materials in ADR?
Solved! Go to Solution.
If this is the same issue as I see logged internally, you are seeing a gray box/surface in the DWF that you made instead of the material that you saw in the isometric view in AutoCAD.
If possible, you should try to use PNG in AutoCAD (rather than JPG), then run the DWF3D export again. It should publish as you expect it.
Other users, feel free to chime in with your suggestions based on your experience on this topic.
(and BTW, if this is reproducible in standard AutoCAD, you might get better results by posting to the AutoCAD forum)
- if I include only 3DFace, material is atttached and visible in ADR2012
- if I convert my 3DSolid to 3DFace, all material are visible in ADR
I obtain an identical effect upon creating PDF_3D (see attachment): sounds like either DWF and PDF can only render 3Dfaces, but I guess it's enough...
I've tested with PNG file but no more succes. PNG file is greater so DWF has bigger size, but render is not good
I join 3 DWFx corresponding to my tests:
maquette0 : all drawing (3Dface + Cylinder) => all objects are yellow
maquette1 : only 3D Face => materials are OK
maquette2 : 3DFace + just ONE cylinder => somme 3Dface have maetrials other are yellow
Coverting all 3DSolid into 3DFace is the only solution I've found, but all pipes are generated in 3D solid from my 3rd party solution.
Only solution I've found to transform 3DSolid (cylinder) to 3DFace was _MESHSMOOTH to obtain a MESH followed by _EXPLODE to obtain 3DFace.
How have you generated your PDF3D.? from Acrobat Pro? A free solution?
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register