AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need MAP objects in plottable colors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
annw2
290 Views, 2 Replies

need MAP objects in plottable colors

2014 Civil 3d with Map.

I am starting to figure out how to attach the tax assessor shp files.  I have non-object objects show up.

I can turn off the useless fill.

I am having problems with the colors.  I want the lines to plot correctly using our standard AutoCAD colors.  The map object lines won't take the color and linetype of the active layer.  When I change the color, I can't get the color to the color of the active layer and plot out correctly on our black plotter. ie - green tries to plot as a green color object instead of black line with 0.014 line width.

I found out that color white is invisible like having a non plot layer.

The help function doesn't mention this at all.  I lost an hour wondering how I got the parcel lines to be non-plottable when I had them at the white color.

What is color "none"  also not explained in the help function.

None of this was explained in the help function.

Ann Wingert, P.E.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
parkr4st
in reply to: annw2

I have non-object objects show up.  What are "non-object objects"?

If you are relating colors in layer manager with the shp file, it doesn't work that way.   you set the colors and other properties of the shp data with style & themes.

Color white is visible against other colors.  color white on white paper is nothing visible.  use white fil with a 

I lost an hour wondering how I got the parcel lines to be non-plottable when I had them at the white color.  Did you figure this out? 

What is color "none"  also not explained in the help function.     If you mean "No color"  it means what it says.  no color is assigned as the property

Message 3 of 3
annw2
in reply to: parkr4st

1.  Listing them says they are database links - I stumbled through checking them in & exploding them to have them become 'real' autoCAD objects without the bother of the database link.

2.  That doesn't really help much to get them to plot correctly to a black and white plotter through AutoCAD.  I guess that means 1 above is my best option.  Thank you for confirming.  Help function explanantions don't explain this well.

3.  Yes, after an hours worth of time and frustration.  Help function explanantions don't explain this well.

4. So I guess they are invisible and don't plot or show on the screen?  Help function explanantions don't explain this well.

Ann Wingert, P.E.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost