AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing text when plot

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
KrakowiAneczka
661 Views, 11 Replies

missing text when plot

I have problem with text lables. I use feature lable to add text on my drawings (I use shp files).

I have map on a layout and i can see that text, it all looks good but for some reason it does not print. it's quite large parcel (text of parcel next to it prints fine).

I'd appreciate any suggestion.

Thanks,

Ania

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Hi Aniu, and.. Do siego roku!

Check if those labels are on a not-printable layer, e.g. DEFPOINTS 

Message 3 of 12

Hello! and Szczesliwiego Nowego Roku!

They are not as they come from feature lable in style edytor (display manager).

Any idea?

Thanks!

Message 4 of 12

What about the print preview, does it contain labels?

P.S.

Już składałem Ci życzenia noworoczne na Skype, ale bodajże odbierał Twój mąż, bo od razu zamknięto połączenie...

Message 5 of 12

No, print preview does not contain text 😞 rubbish....

P.s. Jutro bede na skype - praca w domu 😉

Message 6 of 12

Hi,

could you upload 2 screenshots?

• one for how you see the layout (and the text objects) in AutoCAD
  • one for how the preview looks like

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 12

No idea, I'm sorry: did you install the latest Service Pack from here..?

What happens if you try to plot to a PDF file, instead to paper? 

Message 8 of 12

Please see attached files.

No, I didn't download it yet....I'm too busy!

I plot it to pdf.

Thanks!

Message 9 of 12

Hi,

ok, then we are too busy to answer before you installed the SP and comitted that the problem with the two missing labels persists. 😉

I would see a good chance for the SP so take the time, but I also say "yes ... there are some situations" labels will be missing (or wrong-positioned). I for myself work around this problem with creating a point-topology from the labels in the SHP and create a separate PointSHP then. The advantages then are:

• for the point-objects you have fixed positions (not floating like the fdo-polygonal labels)
  • sometimes a label within an island shows the data from the surrounding polygon (if the "center" of the surrounding poly is located within the island)

It's more word, but it works 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 10 of 12

We have had the same problem and this seems to fix it.

deeter

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=10408989&linkID=9240697

Message 11 of 12

Yes, yes, yes...I know....but on the other hand I'm pretty sure the update does not fix floating text issue 😉

" creating a point-topology from the labels in the SHP" - how to do that?

I was converting lables to text but for some parcels text is not created.

Message 12 of 12

Hi,

>> creating a point-topology from the labels in the SHP" - how to do that?

Run command _MAPIMPORT4 ==> for a polygonal shape this creates 2 objects for each polygon:

a) closed polylines as the border

b) an AutoCAD-point (guaranteed inside the polygon, even in critical island situations) describing the attibutive data within object-data-tables. For you this point is the position of the label,

You can then do _MAPEXPORT just of the points (including export of the object data table) to get a SHP with position of the label + attributive data.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost