AutoCAD Map 3D General

Active Contributor
KrakowiAneczka
Message 11 of 12 (174 Views)

Re: missing text when plot

01-19-2012 03:00 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yes, yes, yes...I know....but on the other hand I'm pretty sure the update does not fix floating text issue :smileywink:

" creating a point-topology from the labels in the SHP" - how to do that?

I was converting lables to text but for some parcels text is not created.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 12 of 12 (173 Views)

Re: missing text when plot

01-19-2012 03:07 PM in reply to: KrakowiAneczka

Hi,

>> creating a point-topology from the labels in the SHP" - how to do that?

Run command _MAPIMPORT4 ==> for a polygonal shape this creates 2 objects for each polygon:

a) closed polylines as the border

b) an AutoCAD-point (guaranteed inside the polygon, even in critical island situations) describing the attibutive data within object-data-tables. For you this point is the position of the label,

You can then do _MAPEXPORT just of the points (including export of the object data table) to get a SHP with position of the label + attributive data.

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community