AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

level curves

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sergiu.sofronie
2065 Views, 3 Replies

level curves

Hello ... I would like to know if I have a survey study (topographical study) of a terrain with lots of point in 3d coordinates, is there any way to generate the level curves automatically? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

what version of Map3D do you have?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4

hello ... I have 2012 version x64.
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

besides that I don't think that points (without breaklines) are enough to create a surface ... you can:

a) use command _MAPCREATESURFACE to create a DEM out of your points

b) after creating the DEM Map3D displays it within the GIS-layer (in MAPWSPACE)

c) right-click on the DEM-GIS-layer ==> and you get the option to create contour-lines

One additional point to that: the precision is limited, I have not found a value to set the grid-size for converting the triangulation to the DEM.

And the option would be to do that with Civil3D, I would prefere it, however I don't know if you have access to it.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost