AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imageframe not working

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
coswald
25036 Views, 16 Replies

imageframe not working

We use about 16 different ortho photos we use for maps.  I have changed imageframe 0 1 2 and frame 0 1 2 3 in about every possible combination.  The Tiff file will not show borders, but I can still select it and snap to it.  I want the borders off I am using map 2012.  Am I missing another variable?  At one time the borders stayed off and I couldn't accidentally snap to the corners.

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: coswald

Hi,

how did you reference the images? Via FDO or by MAPIINSERT?

Have you tried to run _AUDIT?

Have you installed RasterDesign?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 17
coswald

I used Mapiinsert and I have run the audit with no errors.  I have even tried it on several different computers.  It used to work with earlier versions.  Any other ideas? 

Message 4 of 17
thepworth

I just checked the help file for "IMAGEFRAME" and it has a hyperlink to "FRAME" - Under "FRAME" it states that this variable overrides Imageframe, dwfframe......

Message 5 of 17
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

setting FRAME to 0 doesn't change anything (for me) if I inserted the images via _MAPIINSERT.

But setting IMAGEFRAME to 0 solves it for me ... the frames disappear on the screen.

If you set FRAME to 2, then IMAGEFRAME to 0 (that was the exact order I used the command) what happens to your current or to a new drawing?

At least does it also be print the image-borders? Also if you set IMAGEFRAME to 2 where the frames should be displayed but not plotted?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 6 of 17
coswald
in reply to: thepworth

I tried that in about every combination I could come up with.  The lines disappear and do not plot, but I still can snap or select the borders.

Message 7 of 17
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

what file-format do the images have?

I can't reproduce this problem (TIFF), sorry for the moment.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 17
coswald
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

That's ok.  Autodesk called me yesterday and I showed them the problem.  Tried everything, still does not work.  I just want the image to show up and not be able to select or snap to the image border.  We use several ariel photo's each one is about 5 miles x 5 miles and I have to work in areas that are about 50 to 500 ft.  It is just a pain when I am working on the edges of the images and it snaps 5 miles up, down, or anywhere.  The best part is if I do an erase with a crossing and I just happen to select a border and I have to reload the ariel photo's. I do turn the osnaps off except when I am drawing along several polygons or topo lines that I need the osnaps.  The older versions worked with imageframe set to 0 and frame to 0, It would not select or snap to any photo's edges.  When I need to borders I used to just turn it back on (Imageframe 1).

Message 9 of 17
mazikhelela

Set FRAMESELECTION to 0.

It should resolve your troubles.

Message 10 of 17
mazikhelela
in reply to: mazikhelela

Set IMAGEFRAME to 0 to turn the frames off

Set FRAMESELECTION to 0 to turn off the selection, otherwise you can still select the images with the frames turned off.

It should resolve your troubles

Message 11 of 17
coswald

Thanks, that worked, I knew it had to be some variable that changed. 

Message 12 of 17
mazikhelela

maybe Autodesk should include documentation for the new variable

Message 13 of 17
ntodd

Thank you, you solved my problem! I am on Acad 2010 and could not get the Express Tools 'Tframes' command to work. Changing 'Frame' to 0 did the trick.I can now get on with my drawing!

Message 14 of 17
parkr4st

cursor over the image   does shift & left mouse click select the image?

dave

Message 15 of 17
AndrewJ25
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

This worked for me. Thank you

Message 16 of 17
cadcamm99

I am using AutoCAD 2017.  None of these settings worked for me.  Is it because I am using a PNG file?

Message 17 of 17
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: cadcamm99

Hi,

>> I am using AutoCAD 2017

Here is the forum for Map3D which has a little difference in options for selecting images.

Would you mind to start command _ABOUT and show us a screenshot from that dialog?

>> None of these settings worked for me.

Maybe it helps to answer the questions from the above posts, so we know what you exactly tried + what was the result how AutoCAD behaves with selecting an image

>> Is it because I am using a PNG file?

No, if you use command _IMAGE (or _XREF with selecting then an image to reference) AutoCAD does not make a difference between JPG, PNG, TIF, ...

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost