AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting to DEM

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
MKH-VB
781 Views, 7 Replies

exporting to DEM

been working with and autocad 2014 map file. Exporting shapes as necessary to import to arcgis. Everything is working well until I go do export my surface (civil 3d surface) to a DEM. It seems to work fine, but I go to import to arcgis, and it is way out of the corrdinate system. Everything is listed correctly, as far as which system it should be in, but is way out of scale. Any idea what might be happening? I am trying to export it to a state plane coord system, US feet.

MKH

mkh
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
antoniovinci
in reply to: MKH-VB

Please zip and upload here that DEM, thx.

Message 3 of 8
MKH-VB
in reply to: antoniovinci

see attached.

Arkansas South US Foot shoudl be the coord system.

mkh
Message 4 of 8
antoniovinci

Even if the CRS embedded in your DEM is EPSG:26952 , nonetheless the imagery brings me on the north of Georgian Bay (Canada).

Are you allowed to share with us the C3D surface in LandXML format..?

Message 5 of 8
MKH-VB

for some crazy reason, units in the settings tab in c3d was set for inches.  Now heres the next issue. I exported to dem and I only get a small strip. See image attached. There were no errors during export.

mkh
Message 6 of 8
MKH-VB

also, here is the landxml

mkh
Message 7 of 8
antoniovinci

Check the attachment out, sir: did I understand what you're after..? 

Message 8 of 8
MKH-VB

yes that's it. I was trying to export to a .dem file, and looks like that's a .tif file. Thanks
mkh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost