AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exporting cad entities nightmare

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
luc.vanlinden
601 Views, 4 Replies

exporting cad entities nightmare

Hi

The more I am taking steps backward in simplying a simple testcase to get cad entities exported, the more problems are popping up.

Now I have a simple polyline which I am trying to get into other formats.

I tested now the mapepxort to sqlite (db)file.

mapepxort

select sqlite from the filetype

pick a location and type a target filename

then the command closes without any further steps or dialogs.

both for 2013 & 2014

I found this thread:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Map-3D/export-to-shp-file-in-2014/m-p/3914009/highlight/true#M...

and a similar one for 2013 but they seem to focus on Shape file.

What is going on with the export capabilities of cad entities?

Any input?

Luc

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

well, you've found another mistake in the providers.xml (for 2014 which I currently tested.

I've modified the PROVIDERS.XML now in the same manner like the first repair, doubled the entry for SQLite-spatial and changed the version (in the name of the copy) from 3.8 to 3.7.

The problem (I think) is that Autodesk uses different driver-initializations for FDO-functions and for MAPEXPORT/MAPIMPORT-funcionality, so they need the 3.7-syntax to get MAPEXPORT running.

The disadvantage of this method (to declare 3.8 and 3.7 in the same PROVIDERS.XML) is that you get the providers listed twice in the DATACONNECT dialog. Therefor or I additially changed the file from Autodesk to have 3.7 included in the file AND i put the version number 3.7 or 3.8 in the displayname so I see what provider I selected (3.8 is to be preferred here):

2013-06-19 11-06-14.png

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

Hi Luc,

mapexport works fine  for me with M2013SP1 (SHP; SQLite). With map 2014 it's as you  described with sqlite but works for SHP. Both on W7, 64bit.

I haven't done much CAD export to Oracle or GIS file formats but with Map 2013 I did a test with "CONVERT TO INDUSTRY MODEL" which worked well. It does CAD to GIS conversion but requires an enterprise industry model in Oracle. Anyway - cad to gis export should work of course.

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 4 of 5

Hi Alfred

Thank you very much. This did the trick.

This way we can still apply the feature classification and get it out into sqlite and use ogr directly to Oracle.as fall back for the Oracle export which is still an issue (under investigation).

Vielen dank!

Luc

Message 5 of 5

Hi Rob

Thank you for your input.

The sqlite is fixed by alfreds input.

I know the convert to industry models but it has its own constrints: as you said, having the full indstry models deployed in Oracle.

2nd does not support the feature classes (classification) based mapping. This would mean (should one go with industry models) redoing again teh classification mapping (to a certain extend).

tx

Luc

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost