AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

exception in c:\program files\autodesk\autocad map 3d 2013\aecimgdapi56.dll

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
logan.cadwallader
1581 Views, 3 Replies

New installation of Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2013 (with SP1),  Map 3D 2013 crashes on launch, this occurs on all three machines this is installed on. All three are Windows 7 64 bit, and they all have run previous version of Autodesk. Crash occurs whether opening existing file or opening just the application itself. Receive the following 3 error screens...

Unhandled Excepion DBE435C6 (e0434352h) at address FDECCAEDh

AutoCAD Error Aborting

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e0434352h Exception at fdeccaedh

AutoCAD Alert AutoCad cannot continue. You can attempt to save changes into the following file up to the start of the last command: Drawing_recover.dwg

After you save your changes, you can open or recover the file. Should AutoCAD try to save your changes?

Yes /No

After errors Map3D shuts down...

Thank you for any assistance with this.

Logan C

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

I don't know how many licenses of Infrastructure Design Suite 2013 are already out and installed, but I don't think there is a standard-problem, otherwise we would have read it here in other threads.

So I would first verify what your os and other installed software on your workstation is different to others. Sometimes an installation problem might occure if you have not had real admin-permissions or there was an antivirus software active during install.

Try first to login to your system as administrator, disable antivirus (and other defending software), then either disable UAC or right-click the AutoCAD Map3D icon on the desktop and chose "start as administrator".

If that does not work, do a repair-install (also with admin-permission and with disabled defending software.

BTW: do you have such a file AECIMGDAPI56.DLL on your system? I have Map3D 2013 installed (not the suite) but I don't have such a file on my system. The only thread I found in www with mentioning that filename is >>>this one<<<, may be worth to read 😉

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4

Hello Alfred,

Thank you for replying and for the tips. We tried via both local and domain admin with the same results, as to the DLL, there are four instances installed with the complete suite, each location relative to its App that is using it. All the machines are identical, Win 7 64 bit, same patch levels and similar application loads and are also Autodeck certified. Currently also working with Cansel, on the same issue. Currently checking .net versions and reg keys.... will post here if we get solution on issue for future reference.

Cheers,

Logan

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4

Apparently the solution is to back up any of your custom toolbars and views (export them), then remove the application and any previous versions (2011 etc..). reboot, then reinstall again via Admin account, ensuring AV is temporaily disabled. Issue is related to the previous installs and how the shared DLL is used. Hope that helps anyone else having the same issue.

Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost