AutoCAD Map 3D General

Valued Contributor
rmacan
Message 1 of 3 (301 Views)
Accepted Solution

color values cmyk to 256

301 Views, 2 Replies
06-19-2013 01:53 PM

I have a file from a client that has a table with the color values recorded as CMYK. (eg.  50, 0, 10, 0)

I'd like to display the colors but I can only figure out how to do it if it's in the 256 color format.  Is there a way for me to convert CMYK color values to a 256 color value.  I realize the hues/colors won't be perfect, and I'll be happy with colors close to what the original data was using.  Maybe there's a way to go from CMYK to RGB, and then to 246? 

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?   I'm at a loss!

Randy

Valued Contributor
rmacan
Message 2 of 3 (298 Views)

Re: color values cmyk to 256

06-19-2013 02:00 PM in reply to: rmacan

I would like to clarify since I don't even understand what I originally posted. 

I have a file from a client that has a table with the color values recorded as CMYK. (eg.  50, 0, 10, 0)

I'd like to display the colors but I can only figure out how to do it if it's in the 256 color format (eg 130).  Is there a way for me to convert CMYK color values to this single number 256 color value that MAP uses in the table value.  I realize the hues/colors won't be perfect, and I'll be happy with colors close to what the original data was using.  Maybe there's a way to go from CMYK (eg.  50, 0, 10, 0) to RGB (100, 20, 35), and then to single 256 value  (eg 130)?   I'm looking for something more like a batch process since there's a few hundred colors here I'd need to convert.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?   I'm at a loss!

Randy

Valued Mentor
fieldguy
Message 3 of 3 (293 Views)

Re: color values cmyk to 256

06-19-2013 02:55 PM in reply to: rmacan

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community