AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blacked out view ports?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
KILROY1973
335 Views, 6 Replies

blacked out view ports?

I have AutoCAD map 3D 2011.

My layout background is white, and sometimes the viewport(s) appear blacked out. I can plot fine, no problems there. It makes it hard to see what I have in my view port. I have removed the viewport and created a new one that will fix the problem approx. 50% of the time.

What causes this? Does anyone know?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Hi,

I have not seen something like that, so I can only guess ...

• graphiccard or driver
  • hardware accelerationon/off
  • wrong scaling of the vierport compared to think objects like e.g. polylines with width or hatches of type solid
  • command REGENALL necessary

If you have such a drawing, what happens when you close it and reopen it? If the problem persists can you upload such a drawing then?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for the reply.

I don;t think it's the graphics card or drivers because it only happens every great once in a while.

like now I'm working on a project that has 78 sheets each steet has at least 2 view ports and I only have one that is having this problem. I have created a new layout and the proble move to another sheet. I do not want to have to redo all the sheets.

scaling is OK I've checked, and the sheets print out at the right scale.

regen does not help.

I'm lost!!

Message 4 of 7

Hi,

>> has 78 sheets each steet has at least 2 view ports

Hows the variable MAXACTVP set? (Details look >>>here<<<)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 7

My MAXACTVP is set to 64 and the vport is turned on.

Message 6 of 7

HI,

have you tried to raise this value? I know that the help says "per layout" but I would try that to be sure 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 7
KILROY1973
in reply to: KILROY1973

The setting is set to the max number of view ports.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost