AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xref Disappears on Zoom In (Map 3D 2011)

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bwheeler77
2034 Views, 7 Replies

Xref Disappears on Zoom In (Map 3D 2011)

I have a georeferenced drawing with aerial photos and linework that I have Xref'd in a recent survey drawing. I checked that the coordinate systems match and the xref shows that it is loaded and the layers are listed as on and thawed.

However, the xref is not visible.

I tried a new blank drawing using the Map 3D template, same coordinate system. Same thing happens. However, this time, I noticed that the xref is visible when zoomed out. When I zoom in, it disappears. Screen shot attached.

Tags (3)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
thepworth
in reply to: bwheeler77

looks like your Autocad view setup is for a 3D orientation instead of 2D top down, but the view cube doesn't show in the screenshot.  My "guess" is based on seeing a section of the Z axis in your crosshairs.

Unless you go to 3D viewing from the Map Status bar at the bottom of the screen, sometimes using the "vanilla" autocad 3D view settings can cause issues.

Just a guess, but let's see if anyone has $.02....

TdH

Message 3 of 8
bwheeler77
in reply to: thepworth

I've attached an updated screenshot showing the view cube.

To me, it seems like AutoCAD is hiding the xref at a particular zoom level. If I use my mouse wheel to zoom in and out, the xref appears and disappears.

Message 4 of 8
thepworth

humor me with this one - in the lower right of the viewcube is a dropdown arrow.  expand the flyout and see if it's set to perspective or parallel.  should be parallel.

beyond this, unless someone set a zoom scale on it (very unlikely), i'm not sure what else to try 😞

Message 5 of 8
bwheeler77
in reply to: thepworth

It is set to parallel. But, you gave me another idea!

If I switch to 2D view rather than 3D, the problem seems to go away. Now, I need to check my original drawing.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 8

Hi,

What happens if you copy&paste it (complete modelspace content) into a new drawing and run then ZOOM?

Question 2: have you set some scale-handling in the MAPWSPACE-dialog?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 8

Well, setting the drawing to 2D view solved the problem. I didn't try anything else due to time constraints.

Message 8 of 8
nodink

Make sure your SHADEMODE in that Viewport is 2dwireframe. If not, set it to 2d. Return to PS mode & test it out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost