AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workspace - default

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
kellymg
5449 Views, 22 Replies

Workspace - default

Hello! I have installed the 2012 Map software. I have selected the workspace that i want to use until 2013 is released Smiley Happy I went to the workspace customization settings, and selected my favorite workspace as the default & current. I apply/ok to leave customization dialog box. When i close out of the program entirely, and re-open the software, a different workspace is loaded during startup. How do i change my favorite workspace to automatically open during startup? Thank for your advice everyone

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
Murph_Map
in reply to: drenaud

@drenaud wrote:

hey murphy,

how's things in TN?

I set the workspaqce like that, moved my cutomized ws to the top of the list, but every time I open Map it opens with the c3d workspace. this is problmeatic, since if i want to use c3d i will open it, and i'm getting question marks and unknown commands from c3d toolbars that open by default with the c3d workspace.

this is win7 w/adesk 2016 Infrastructure Design Suite. no sp's, i cannot install them. don't ask, it is a very long and frustrating story.

david

expert microstation user not by choice since 2014

David, 

After you set it all up again the way you want make sure you do a save current workspace. 

As far as TN is, it's still here 🙂 

You don't pop in on Owens server anymore? 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 22 of 23
svsplayer
in reply to: kellymg

Make A LISP file : 

(if s::startup
 (setq s::startup (append s::startup (command "WSCURRENT" "SebMap")))
 (defun s::startup () (command "WSCURRENT" "SebMap"))
)

Instead of SebMap enter your saved name workspace as you configured.

Next , make sure you appload that lisp (automatically of course) , avery time you open Autocad .

Workspace_solved.jpg

Message 23 of 23
svsplayer
in reply to: kellymg

Make A LISP file : 

(if s::startup
 (setq s::startup (append s::startup (command "WSCURRENT" "SebMap")))
 (defun s::startup () (command "WSCURRENT" "SebMap"))
)

Instead of SebMap enter your saved name workspace as you configured.

Next , make sure you appload that lisp (automatically of course) , avery time you open Autocad .Workspace_solved.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost