AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's transparency selection?

20 REPLIES 20
Message 1 of 21
neilyj666
883 Views, 20 Replies

Where's transparency selection?

Working through the 2010 tutorials (using 2012) and can't find how to change the transparency for the style. The tutorial screenshot show a big foreground trasnparency box but can't see it in 2012.

It seems to be ok in 2011 so how do I do this in 2012

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Murph_Map
in reply to: neilyj666

Looks like it is suppose to be on the Ribbon Style tab but got misplaced along the line.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 21
parkr4st
in reply to: Murph_Map

Style tab, style section, click the small arrow pointing to south east to right of "Style" in bottom bar.  Opens style polygon window. you can set transparency there and advanced sets origin control.  The same arow to the right of "Label" opens the style lable wiindow.

Dave

Message 4 of 21
neilyj666
in reply to: parkr4st

Thanks for this - i had found that one - but my point was that you only seem to be able to alter each polygon individually rather than via a global transparency value as in 2011. If you have a lot of colours to change it becomes very tedious.....another one to raise with Autodesk Support, may as well get my subscription money's worth.......

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 21
parkr4st

i made it to a contact @ AD  MMorales@Microdesk.com  I tried to explain the problem and was sent the single transparency setting routine as an answer. I have returned a reply trying to explain the slider in 2011 New Theme dialogue.  Missed the point.  Perhaps you could alos ship a message explaining you too are not impressed.

Dave

Message 6 of 21
neilyj666

Have raised a support request for this and a few other anomalies I've recently found in Map

EESignature

Message 7 of 21
ChadRoberge

Right click the layer choose style,  under the Symbol and style function you will see the border color, and the fill color.  Clock on the fill, you will see a transparency bar show up below 0-255

Message 8 of 21
neilyj666

Thanks for this - that does each colour individually but how do you adjust the whole theme (as you could in 2011) - it not really feasible to do each individual colour band if you have a lot of colours.....

EESignature

Message 9 of 21
ChadRoberge

ahh, I know see your issue.

Message 10 of 21
neilyj666

A definite backward step - perhaps because it's only "Map 3D Lite" that is included with Civil 3D..........

EESignature

Message 11 of 21
parkr4st

Nope.  Map3D has the problem too.Smiley Mad

Message 12 of 21
neilyj666

I guess someone at Autodesk thought it was a good idea at the time

EESignature

Message 13 of 21
Murph_Map

It's a feature, less code being loaded up at startup, and a cleaner dialog with out the extra slider in there. : (

A work around would be theme and style in 2011 then save that connection/layer to a .layer file and drag/drop into 2012 project.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 14 of 21
neilyj666

I'll give that one a try

EESignature

Message 15 of 21
ChadRoberge

That is not the issue I am using Autocad Map 3D 2012 full version and there is no change the transparency for a themed layer

Message 16 of 21
parkr4st
in reply to: ChadRoberge

Now I need to make sure of what i'm talking about.  side by side 2011  & 2012 where both windows should produce the same result, multi themed layer all equal transparency.  The slider I am talking about is in the 2011 within the red lines.  Where is the equivalent in 2012 is my question.  I may be doing something wrong and would appreciate confirmation.

Thanks

Dave

Message 17 of 21
neilyj666

No there is no such slider in 2012 each colour has to be adjusted manually

EESignature

Message 18 of 21
parkr4st

Another item to check if someone can.  when setting the color and transparency,  after you have set one color and the transparency you want, then change the color, tab, & apply does the transparency stay set on the map or go back to 255 with the new color?  I have to re-eneter the transparency if I change the color so the transparency shows properly.  Another problem to be solved?

thanks

Dave

Message 19 of 21
neilyj666

No you are correct - if you change the colour (after having set a new transparency value), the new colour transparency reverts back to 255.....GGGRRRRRRR...!!!!!!!!

EESignature

Message 20 of 21
parkr4st

Wonderful.  Another PIA.  My reseller has opened a case with AD on this to find out if it is a design change or a defect.  I vote for defect.  I will add this problem to fray.  Anyone else that can should follow along and send a request for return of the 2011 method.

Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost