AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What? dwg is locked by AutoCAD Map?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
4234 Views, 6 Replies

What? dwg is locked by AutoCAD Map?

The following message at drawing open: "dwg is locked by AutoCAD Map or an earlier version of AutoCAD. Access to the file is denied." Huh? I just used the file to re-project image outlines out of Meters into US Feet. What's the deal?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Is the new drawing still opened and the old drawing still attached? "JBK" wrote in message news:40352f88$1_1@newsprd01... > The following message at drawing open: "dwg is locked by AutoCAD Map or an > earlier version of AutoCAD. Access to the file is denied." > > Huh? I just used the file to re-project image outlines out of Meters into > US Feet. What's the deal? > >
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hey there. Map creates a file called a .dwk when a drawing is attached to another to allow querying and the likes. Detaching the drawing from any others usually will fix the problem (though you shouldn't even have to do this if the drawing is not open). If this does not work, as is the case sometimes, navigate to the directory in which your drawing is located in file explorer and delete the drawingname.dwk file manually (where drawingname is the name of the drawing in question). Close Autocad before doing this, and you will be good to go. Cheers. Ryan "JBK" wrote in message news:40352f88$1_1@newsprd01... > The following message at drawing open: "dwg is locked by AutoCAD Map or an > earlier version of AutoCAD. Access to the file is denied." > > Huh? I just used the file to re-project image outlines out of Meters into > US Feet. What's the deal? > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Good ol DWK file. I like the "delete" suggestion. Thanks. "Ryan Rayda" wrote in message news:403532c8$1_1@newsprd01... > Hey there. > > Map creates a file called a .dwk when a drawing is attached to another to > allow querying and the likes. Detaching the drawing from any others usually > will fix the problem (though you shouldn't even have to do this if the
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

It's a good idea to open the DWK file in notepad first, to see who Map thinks has the DWG open. "JBK" wrote in message news:4035367c_1@newsprd01... > Good ol DWK file. > I like the "delete" suggestion. > Thanks. > > > "Ryan Rayda" wrote in message > news:403532c8$1_1@newsprd01... > > Hey there. > > > > Map creates a file called a .dwk when a drawing is attached to another > to > > allow querying and the likes. Detaching the drawing from any others > usually > > will fix the problem (though you shouldn't even have to do this if the > > >
Message 6 of 7
ameyer

Fast forward to 2013 and this problem STILL occurs.  I didn't feel like deleting the .dwk file, so I changed it to .dwk.old.  Sure enough, I was able to open my drawing file.  Opening it didn't give me any help at all.  The only thing in the file was:

"MAP Lock File     4.0  1 0 0 1382380312 . . "

Whatever that means....

Aaron Meyer, PE, LS
Meyer Civil Engineering, Inc.
Bakersfield, CA
Message 7 of 7
RunarPJCMNN

Yup, deleted the DWK and it fixed the problem 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost