AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WMS Connection to Nearmap - AutoCAD Map 3D 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
791 Views, 4 Replies

WMS Connection to Nearmap - AutoCAD Map 3D 2013

Hi Ladies and Gents,

I'm trying to use imagery from Nearmap's WMS Server. Our subscription includes this feature, and I can connect and use the imagery from both Google Earth and MapInfo.

When I select the imagery data set I want, and select 'Add to Map', everything goes well until the 'Stylizing' dialogue briefly displays and quickly disappears without completing the import Smiley Mad

AutoCAD_Map_Stylizing_WMS.png

I've tried selecting the three (3) available options in the 'Style' column ( <Default>, ExactDate, DateOrEarlier ), with each bombing on the Stylizing dialogue.

Any help, hints or workaround would be greatly appriciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello from France

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Just an idea : have you installed the SP 2.1 for ACAD MAP 2013 ?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-map-3d/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-map-3d...

ACAD MAP 201X is very "sensitive/special" with WMS/WFS Servers and unfortunately we can't parameter the connection !

and the error msgs (when we have one) are not very explicite !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: braudpat

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the suggestion, I wasn't aware that a Service Pack 2.1 was available.

I'm current using version: G.204.0.0, HF1 (Which I think from other posts on here is Service Pack 2)

I've put in a request with out IT Department to have the latest service pack installed, hopefully this will sort it out !

Cheers,

Aidan

Message 4 of 5
braudpat

Hello

Please remind that the SP 2.1 will not (maybe) solve your problem

(because I don't think that Autodesk has improved the WMS driver into the SP 2 or SP 2.1) !?

but some bugs have been corrected by the SP2/SP2.1 which includes the SP1 ...

So Good Luck !

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Pat,

I have confirmed that I was currently using Service Pack 2.1, so no need to update.

_VERNUM: G.204.0.0

(MAP_BUILD):AutoCAD Map 3D 2013 Build 16.0.210AET

Still struggling with the original problem of not being able add the imagery using the WMS connection.

Regards,

Aidan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost