AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilities Library in AutoCAD

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
pete1618
856 Views, 6 Replies

Utilities Library in AutoCAD

My supervisor said there was a utilities library loaded in Autodesk Map 2012. We are looking for a power pole locations. She asked me to load it into a drawing. I can’t find what she is talking about. Any ideas?

Pete1618

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tmgovind
in reply to: pete1618

Hi Pete

Can you be more clear with what you need?

When u mean "Utilities " are you looking for tools that would help you load power pole locations may be some format say shp, dwg, XY ASCII files etc ?

Just get this verified. You can open Map>> use data connect and choose a input data of your choice.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Govindarajan

Message 3 of 7
pete1618
in reply to: tmgovind

No, my supervisor was talking about utility poles, like power poles. She swears there is a library on the AutoCAD MAP install disk of libraries of various data including utility poles. I couldn’t find it. I looked on line as well for PG&E data. This project is forCalifornia. But I suspect we will eventually need it nation wide.

Pete1618

Message 4 of 7
Murph_Map

Are you wanting (or your boss) wanting blocks of poles or something with more data attached to them?

Try this location C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Map 3D 2012\en-US\UserDataCache\Template\Industry Templates and see if that's what he/she wants.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 5 of 7
pete1618
in reply to: Murph_Map

That was useful but not quite what I was looking for. It looked that was a template to organize the data. What I need is the data. I’ve gone online looking for Pacific Gas & Electric GIS data downloads but it’s proving elusive. I’m looking for data for PG&E power poles, their location, type and anything else I can get on them. Primarily their location.

pete1618

Message 6 of 7
Murph_Map

@pete1618 wrote:

That was useful but not quite what I was looking for. It looked that was a template to organize the data. What I need is the data. I’ve gone online looking for Pacific Gas & Electric GIS data downloads but it’s proving elusive. I’m looking for data for PG&E power poles, their location, type and anything else I can get on them. Primarily their location.

pete1618

You want the real data then, if there's any with Map3D 2012 it would be sample data and can not be consider to be actuate.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 7 of 7
agpn

We are in the processd getting rid of different CAD formats in our system and bring vereything under one format. As an electrical Utility, our needs range from basic electrical design to utility scale mapping of assets like power poles, transformers nationwide, to engineering, architecture design work for new power stations and renewable energy farms.

What would be a good package for us to purchase, and how does the licensing work for multi-station installation in our technical departments, and can uyou point me to where we can purchase the relevant software for our needs

Kind Regards,

Alexander Napa

TAU Capital Projects Manager

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost