AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xffffffff

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
MeagenM
3134 Views, 6 Replies

Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xffffffff

Please help! I've had numerous fatal errors every day using 2013 Map 3D. This one is the most common error that pops up. I believe it's centered around raster images and caching or regenerating. I didn't have this issue in 2012.

I have tried so many fixes including:

• Repairing (about 3 times)
  • Clean uninstall following Autodesk steps (1 time)
  • uninstall and reinstall (4 times)
  • Clearing temp files after a crash
  • Verifying Windows updates / anti-virus
  • Turned off automatic saves

I'm running on Windows 7, 16GB RAM, 64 bit OS, 220 GB Hard Drive. (computer isn't the issue)

I'm at a loss...

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
thepworth
in reply to: MeagenM

What type of Raster(s) and how are they connected - FDO or MAPIINSERT?

Message 3 of 7
thepworth
in reply to: thepworth

Also, are you getting the CER - Customer Error Report window popping up with the crash?  If so, fill it out and if you're also on subscription, you can go and file a support request through subscription center and the folks at Autodesk can respond to your support request while seeing the CER information for what specifically is causing the crash (hopefully).  I'd say that is your best avenue....

Message 4 of 7
rtaylor

I'm getting the same error message but mine happens when I try to export to sdf2 from Map 2013. 

Message 5 of 7
athornton88

I am getting this same issue but I am using AutoCAD 2010. It only happens when I import a dynamic block I have made (the only actions in this are visual states and there are 6 of them). I have created other dynamic blocks that work with visual states with no problem so why the errors?

Message 6 of 7
athornton88

Just solved my problem. I was using a hatch in the block and once I removed this it was fine. I am guessing that this error is used for multiple problems though due to the forums I have seen so far.

Message 7 of 7
antoniovinci

MeagenM wrote:

Please help! ... I'm at a loss...

You just spent thousand of $ to buy Map2013, so the only place to complain is the headquarter of your Autodesk dealer, madame...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost