AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tower and shed

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
bingeomatics
870 Views, 24 Replies

Tower and shed

Hi, colleagues!

I have more questions about symbology, too.....

How can I creat a polygonal spatial object (feature classes) with symbology (showns) like that (without using additional layer)? :

Shed

Tower

Binnat Khalilov
24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
Murph_Map
in reply to: bingeomatics

Binnat,

If you must use polygonal features then all you can do is use a fill style to show the "X" in the middle but as you found out its hard to get them to display the way you want. Now if I HAD to use polygonal features I would use them as a footprint of the tower but still use a point feature with symbols to display the configuration.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 22 of 25
bingeomatics
in reply to: parkr4st

Dave, I understand you. But nobody don't understand me. Problem in that in my objects must be vertex (or corner) and evry corner must be measured by surveyor, so it must be polygonal object like buildings.  In our country for topographical requirment shown that if edges of the object can shown in the scale of map, it must be drawn like a polygon. If it is so little, that his edges can't shown in the scale, it must be drawn as o point feature. That is why, an example, if the size of edges of the tower or shed or building are 5 m, for the map of scale 1:500 it must be drawn like a polygonal feature. If I want to creat a map in the scale 1:5000, then I must draw it (that object)  like a point feature. These rules remainted from the time USSR, when in our country created and used only maps on the hardcopy (not digital maps).

Binnat Khalilov
Message 23 of 25
parkr4st

break the rules      🙂 

Message 24 of 25
bingeomatics
in reply to: Murph_Map

Murph, I wished to use only one feature for each objects like modern GIS rules. Now I understood that for our cartographic work I must use two feature to reperesent one object for matching our state rules.

For all I am very much obliged to you!

Binnat Khalilov
Message 25 of 25
bingeomatics

parkr4st, thank you much, too....! But I can't break rules, until I wil creat rules myself.....Smiley Wink

I live in Azerbaijan.....

Binnat Khalilov

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost