AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Toolbars

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
mekohler
1043 Views, 9 Replies

Toolbars

I have just installed Map 2012 on a new computer.  On my old install I had the Draw, Draw Modify and View toolbars.  On my new install I can't seem to display any toolbars.  I looked up in help and went to View-Windows, but the option isn't there, all I find is Show Menu Bar.  Any ideas on how to get the toolbars back?

Thanks,

Michael Kohler

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: mekohler

Hi,

>> On my old install

And this "old install" was also Map3D 2012, just on another pc? Or what version have you had?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10
mekohler
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

It was 2012, I just updated my computer.

Message 4 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

if you have access to the old install and you didn't customize to much you should start your old AutoCAD Map 2012, export the AutoCAD-profile, copy your menu's from you user-folder (*.CUIX) to your new user-folder, import and activate your AutoCAD profile into your new AutoCAD Map, start command _WORKSPACE and activate the workspace you had on your prev. install.

Let me know if there is any step that creates more questions than answers (it's just a list of the global steps to do) 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 10
mekohler

Thanks for the response.  How do you export your profle?

Message 6 of 10
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> How do you export your profle?

Start command _OPTIONS ==> tab "Profiles" (for details >>>click<<<) there you can select a profile on the left side and start the export with the button on the right side.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 10
mekohler

To get toolbars if you don't have any currentyl displayed is _-Toolbar

Message 8 of 10
denise.berken

I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled Map 3D 2013.

In the Classic workspace, there is the Modify toolbar which I depend on regularly.

With 2013 Map 3D version, it seems that the tools on this Modify toolbar are not what they should be.

IE: when I click on Move, the function is an array, when I click on Rotate, the function is move

Scale = rotate

Stretch = trim

and so on.

Does anyone have any information as to how this toolbar can be corrected so that each command will do what it is supposed to do ?

Thank you

Message 9 of 10
phmurphy

Ah HA!  I had the disappearing tool bar issues as well and it was driving me nuts.  I found out it was caused by setting the font to 125%.

I had set the font to 125% at - Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Display

By changing it back to 100% (normal) the toolbars reappeared.

I had to log off and log back on after changing the font.

Pat

Message 10 of 10
sanudy2011
in reply to: denise.berken

mekohler

If you are facing problem in executing wrong commands in toolbars, it could be wrong commands given in tools, You can change them with using CUI command, it will open up the current CUI interface you are using and would show all the menus and sub menus with the respective commands in it in the left hand side. On the right you can see the command actual executing, if the move command is executing the Array command you would see the in command as Array command in last, change it to move and your problem would be fixed, similarly you would have to do the same for other toolbars not working properly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost