AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Tips for Grips

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
deetersmith
591 Views, 7 Replies

Tool Tips for Grips

Does anyone know where the tool tips for grips on polylines have gone in 2012?  The streach, add, delete and the convert to arc.  I have a feeling that a setting has changed and I can't find it.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi,

do you have any chance to make a screenshot from "the old version" (if you have not uninstalled it).

For me: I never heard (or could not imagine what you mean by) of a "grip tooltip" andalso not of a polyline-function "convert to arc".

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
deetersmith
in reply to: deetersmith

I can't get the tool tip to stay on screen for a screen shot but I promise it is there.  If you have Map 3D 2011 or Topobase Client 2011 it is there and works great.  That is why I am trying to find it again.

Message 4 of 8

Hi,

ok, Topobase may be the hint that was missing? I don't know that (if so then it's for someone knowing Topobase or it belongs to >>>Topobase-forum<<<).

Just to make sure: you selected an object of type "Polyline" ==> at least that is what the property-window is telling you about the selected/gripped object?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 8
Murph_Map

GRIPMULTIFUNCTIONAL = 2 perhabs.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 6 of 8
deetersmith

OK  I found that I can use the control to get to the remove vertex and also convert to arc.  The problem now is that it is only working on dwg objects not anything from Enterprize data or FDO connections.

Message 7 of 8
Murph_Map

Try  _MAPFEATUREEDITOPTIONS at the command line for FDO features.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 8 of 8

Not sure if you ever found the answer for this but I had the same issue in C3D2013.  I solved it by changing the sysvar GRIPS from 1 to 2.

-Josh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost