AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Valued Mentor
ccoles
Message 11 of 18 (94 Views)

Re: Thematic color scheme edits?

05-30-2014 05:52 AM in reply to: phil_borycens

It works!! Thanks, guys. This is exactly what I was looking for. Now, I have the color palette I was wanting and have the map looking exactly the way it should. Major kudos to ALFRED for the extended explanation. The edits were simple, easy, and quick since I only needed 7 colors. I entered the new palette name in the third line, and it appeared on the list once I restarted. Thanks again!!!

Capture3.JPG

Windows 7 64-bit
HP Z600 8 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Valued Mentor
parkr4st
Message 12 of 18 (83 Views)

05-30-2014 03:06 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred

I did change the third line Title and in the new file a new title.  I restarted map and have rebooted to catch an update on other software and still no new items in the list.  Any other setting I may have to change? 

One looks like this

;AECIPALETTEVER 1
;Autodesk Raster Design Palette File
;Title: Pastels

Thanks

Dave

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 13 of 18 (78 Views)

05-31-2014 12:36 AM in reply to: parkr4st

Hi,

>> ... still no new items in the list

Into which directory have you saved that file?

What release of AutoCAD Map 3D (or Civil 3D) are you running?

And there is no other file with "Pastels" in the third line?

Does your file end with an empty line (so you can move the cursor one line below the last value)?

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
Valued Mentor
parkr4st
Message 14 of 18 (74 Views)

06-01-2014 02:50 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Into which directory have you saved that file?      C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2015\map\support\en-us

the *.pf files also are in this directory    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Raster Design 2015\UserDataCache\Support   Adding Pastels there made no difference either.

Map Options shows C:\program files\autodesk\autocad 2015\map\support\en-us is listed under Working Support File Search Path

What release of AutoCAD Map 3D (or Civil 3D) are you running?   Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Standard 2015   Product Version J.51.0.0, SP1

And there is no other file with "Pastels" in the third line?  No

Does your file end with an empty line (so you can move the cursor one line below the last value)?  I added the empty line.

I also noticed each color code in the original AD  *.pf files has an empty space at the end of each line so added those as well. 

I still am not seeing the additions in the palette dropdown list.

Thanks

Dave

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 15 of 18 (69 Views)

06-01-2014 07:24 AM in reply to: parkr4st

Hi,

wow, great feedback, but now I'm in the situation to not have ideas what to check ... except of that ones:

Are you running English Map 3D or do you have another folder for another language pack (instead of/parallel to "en-us")?

To make sure you are working in the correct directory you can try to move all *.pdf files to a folder not found by Map 3D (leave one or two files to have at least one file existing when Map 3D starts filling the list). Then start Map 3D and see if the list is reduced to that one or two items.

I see two chances (for now):

• you are modifying *.PF in another folder than Map 3D is using
  • the editor you open that file (which editor did you use) modifies something in PF-file, maybe code set code-set?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Valued Mentor
parkr4st
Message 16 of 18 (64 Views)

06-01-2014 06:32 PM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred,

I do have the english version and no other language

• you are modifying *.PF in another folder than Map 3D is using   I searched C:/ for *.pf and those are the only 2015 file folders with *.pf

• the editor you open that file (which editor did you use) modifies something in PF-file, maybe code set code-set?  I used MS notepad. 

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 17 of 18 (56 Views)

06-01-2014 11:31 PM in reply to: parkr4st

Hi,

have you tried the cross check "moving most PF-files away" to see if there are then less themes in the list?

And I have (with 2015) that directory found, that holds PF files too (and might be necessary to copy a modified PF file to:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2015\R20.0\deu\Support

whereas the oranve part will be "enu" in case of english operating system.

I have also attached a file that worked for me, so just to make sure it has nothing to do with the files internals :smileywink:

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Valued Mentor
parkr4st
Message 18 of 18 (54 Views)

06-02-2014 02:25 AM in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred

that is the one.  I moved the file to that directory and it is now in the list.

I greatly appreciate your help!  :smileyhappy:

Maybe in come century ahead AD will add a "make a custom palette" tool that will put the *.pf where it belongs.

Dave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community