AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Message 1 of 4 (517 Views)
Accepted Solution

Text information from shp file to dwg

517 Views, 3 Replies
08-16-2012 02:17 AM

Hi. I have a problem importing text information from shp file to dwg. Using a command “Add to Map” I can see that shape file consists of Map Feature(s) objects and under Feature Properties there is an information that I need to move to Autocad environment (IGDS_TXT_;TEXTSTRING; TEXT_ANGLE). I’ve tried “mapimport” command  but in result I’ve got only acad point objects with no information in it. Thx

*Expert Elite*
antoniovinci
Message 2 of 4 (514 Views)

Re: Text information from shp file to dwg

08-16-2012 02:40 AM in reply to: 14078610659

During _MAPIMPORT, pay attention to this, sir.

Valued Mentor
parkr4st
Message 3 of 4 (509 Views)

08-16-2012 02:45 AM in reply to: antoniovinci

after you add the shp, display manager, select the shp; style; feature labels

Mentor
Robert_Fritz
Message 4 of 4 (499 Views)

08-16-2012 05:00 AM in reply to: 14078610659

Hi,

as mentioned above, you can label the FDO features in Display Manager or you when you  import the attribute data it can be used for labelling as well (Map annotation or using DisplayManager again for annoation of drawing objects).

But there is a third option. The column names indicate that the SHP files might have been created with Map, using the export option "Text" (_mapexport > Shape > Text). But you can also import point featues eitehr as block or text. Here ist the procedure for importing as ACAD text:

1 mapimport > SHP file

2 click on <ACAD_POINT> in the "Points" column

3 a small button with three dots appears on the right

4 click on it

5 dialog box "How to process points" or something along the lines appears

6 choose second option, "create text from attribute data " and select "Textstring" column

Unfortunately it will ignore Text_angle and text_size or any other format setting. But depending on your data it might be a usefull option for importing.

Good luck,

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community