AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text information from shp file to dwg

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
1040 Views, 3 Replies

Text information from shp file to dwg

Hi. I have a problem importing text information from shp file to dwg. Using a command “Add to Map” I can see that shape file consists of Map Feature(s) objects and under Feature Properties there is an information that I need to move to Autocad environment (IGDS_TXT_;TEXTSTRING; TEXT_ANGLE). I’ve tried “mapimport” command  but in result I’ve got only acad point objects with no information in it. Thx

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
antoniovinci
in reply to: 14078610659

During _MAPIMPORT, pay attention to this, sir.

Message 3 of 4
parkr4st
in reply to: antoniovinci

after you add the shp, display manager, select the shp; style; feature labels

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

as mentioned above, you can label the FDO features in Display Manager or you when you  import the attribute data it can be used for labelling as well (Map annotation or using DisplayManager again for annoation of drawing objects).

But there is a third option. The column names indicate that the SHP files might have been created with Map, using the export option "Text" (_mapexport > Shape > Text). But you can also import point featues eitehr as block or text. Here ist the procedure for importing as ACAD text:

1 mapimport > SHP file

2 click on <ACAD_POINT> in the "Points" column

3 a small button with three dots appears on the right

4 click on it

5 dialog box "How to process points" or something along the lines appears

6 choose second option, "create text from attribute data " and select "Textstring" column

Unfortunately it will ignore Text_angle and text_size or any other format setting. But depending on your data it might be a usefull option for importing.

Good luck,

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost