AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text and Block orientation within a mapping layer (.layer)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
adw1975
321 Views, 2 Replies

Text and Block orientation within a mapping layer (.layer)

Hi AutoCad3d Map users,

I am trying to alter the properties of a mapping layer file I have created so that both the block and the text value are oriented horizontal on my sheet no matter where north is pointed. I expect I might have to do this with an expression but I am new to using expressions and need some direction in how this is applied.

Cheers

adw1975

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
thepworth
in reply to: adw1975

It's been a while since I tried this one myself - trying to save rotation angles of fire hydrants to be perpindicular to the feed line.  One key is to note that Autocad is set up to save rotation angles in Radians.  I converted the CAD block objects out to a .SDF and checked through the properties to extract out the blocks' rotation property to reinsert.  I don't recall the next step off the top of my head at the moment.  If I can find it, I'll update...

Message 3 of 3
adw1975
in reply to: thepworth

I thought that it may be possible through the expression when setting up the stylized theme. Map automatically adjusts the scale of the block/text depending on the viewport scale, I thought the same may be true for the orientation as well. But can't seem to get it to work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost