AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TEXT properties in Properties Palatte

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
benfriederichs
310 Views, 2 Replies

TEXT properties in Properties Palatte

I couldn't find anything by searching, so please pardon me if this topic has already been posted.

I'm working in AutoCAD Map 3D 2014, just upgraded in fact.  I'm working with older drawings that had their text added by a trained chimp in simple text (Command: TEXT as near as I can figure).  In updating these specification drawings, I'm making fonts the same size, updating material lists, correcting typos and just generally wiping off the banana chunks and drool.

Unfortunately, the properties palatte no longer populates with all the text info like it did back in my 2010 version.  In fact, the displayed values won't actually change when I select ANYTHING.  Except it does go blank if I select something and then hit Ctrl 1 to get the palatte.

I've hunted through Customize Palattes and Options under the Tools Menu (Map Classic workspace customized, sorry been using the same toolbar setup since 1997, its a comfy rut) to no avail.  I've tried the onboard Help with no luck.

I'd dearly love to not redo all the text on approximately 1,200 drawings just to make the fonts uniform.  Is there any way to get my wonderful old properties palatte back?  A setting or something that can be changed to make it actually work?

Please pardon the attitude that has leaked into this post, but this issue is rather frustrating. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Murph_Map
in reply to: benfriederichs

Are you using the full property palette or the quick property palette? The full palette in 2014 is the same as 2010. Also what is pickfirst set to?

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 3

Im facing the same problem with autocad 2011 on my PC.

On other PCs it works fine

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost