AutoCAD Map 3D General

Message 1 of 3 (194 Views)

Styling multiple shp files

194 Views, 2 Replies
02-18-2013 02:14 AM

I have a large batch of OS data covering the housing stock of a housing association which I'd like to break down into 81seperate local area maps. There are 162 of these files and each of the local area maps covers 3 or so of the shp files. I'd like to style each map the same.

So I go into the style manager for one of the loaded shape files and create a simple style.

rule 1 DESCGRP = "Road" Style: none

rule 2 Default = thin black polygon.

I'd like some way fo doing this automatically or simply. Because doing it 162 times with all the shp files loaded is majorly time consuming and at soem point I'd like to be able to use more complex styles. Is there any easy way of doing this?

I also have all the shp files as gz files if that would make life easier and as lines rather than polygons.

Any ideas appreciated.

Valued Mentor
Message 2 of 3 (168 Views)

Re: Styling multiple shp files

02-18-2013 03:35 AM in reply to: HousingAssocMonkey

OS = ?

Is it possible to combine all of the shp into one file?

check up on *.layer files

Dave

Valued Contributor
Message 3 of 3 (166 Views)

Re: Styling multiple shp files

02-18-2013 03:37 AM in reply to: HousingAssocMonkey

You probably won't like this but I've found that one method is to connect and style one shape file then in task pane save this as a .layer (this creates an xml based file with all styling preserved).  You can then copy this .layer file and find and replace any references to ShapeFile1 and replace with ShapeFile2.  In your case it will mean 161 other files to reference but once done these can be dragged and dropped into your dwg file, just make sure that the path name is referenced correctly.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community