AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stumped - Hyperlinks not functioning

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1058 Views, 5 Replies

Stumped - Hyperlinks not functioning

I have linked many drawings to Excel spreadsheets via hyperlinking with relative paths. The hyperlinks worked fine up until I tried them in the last week or so. The only change to my system that I can think of is XP SP2. Attempting to follow the link by ctrl+click gives the message: Hyperlink destination cannot be found. I tried going in and relinking by browsing for the file through the Edit Hyperlink dialog, but it still doesn't work. If I click the "target" button in the same dialog box, I get the message: AutoCAD could not open this file or could not parse a file of this type. If I uncheck the box for relative hyperlinking, it still doesn't work. Finally, If I remove the link altogether and relink, the hyperlinks still do not function. What else can I try? Thanks, Ron E
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
alliecat
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I'm getting the same message trying to link a pdf to my files.
Message 3 of 6
tripgrass

Just experienced the same problem. Discovered through experiment that autocad wouldn't open by hyperlink in this particular instance a filename with "#" in it.

Try renaming target file.
Message 4 of 6
JohnPM

Did you recently upgrade to Excel 2007.

John
Message 5 of 6
felixhoepke7855

Try 'working' the hyperlink: start one-by-one with different type of files, e.g. jpgs, pdfs etc and then go on to change over to ms word, excel, whatever your original target is.
Message 6 of 6
NEIPower
in reply to: tripgrass

All of my links work except those with # in them also. It must be a bug with the pound sign.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost