AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Store the style of the GIS data

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
andreijj
388 Views, 2 Replies

Store the style of the GIS data

Hi All!

We have some data in SQLite, and i want to know, what is the best practice to store the style. Now my practice is: i finished the stilization, and save them into *.layer files, then load them with workflow into a new drawing. It works fine, but i have some problems and questions:

- The Map layers order is not working well. If i have only one Map layer, with polygon features (they have label), the label is disappear in most cases (its loaded, but the polygons uncover the labels). I have to click the polygon feature, then i need set Draw Order -> Send to Back command (and this is not working well all of the time). In the drawing data is a very helpful command to send all hatch to back (hatchtoback). I want to do this, but with feature data.

- I want export the Map layers (with these styles) to drawing layers, so the drawing object get the feature data as object data. I know the mapimport command, this doint as well, but i can't load the style. I need to create drawing layers, wich contains the feature data, and have a nice style (set from *.layer files). Any Idea?

- How many layer can i load with workflow? Is it stable with hundred of layers? Is parallel the fastest method?

In my opinion: Map layer = contains feature data

Drawing layer = contains drawing data

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
andreijj
in reply to: andreijj

Anybody?

Message 3 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: andreijj

Hi,

with layer-files you can save the stylization and the data-source.

If you really need to save the display order the onliest way to save it is the DWG-file that holds the data connections.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost