AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
Gary_Braun
Message 11 of 12 (243 Views)

Re: Sql Server Connection in 2013

07-23-2012 01:36 PM in reply to: phil_borycens

HI Phil,

Just to answer your questions, yes there are keys defined and these are regular tables, not views.

Having said that, as of today I am now able to see and work with the geometry in Map 2013. It looks as though it might have been a DB permissions issue afterall. I thought that the user credentials I was logging in with were set up as data owner, but I had our IT dept. help out with some related data access problems, and in the end this user id was set up in SQL Server as sysadmin. I didn't have a chance to test this on Friday when he made the change, but it is certainly working today, so I have little doubt that this was the fix.

I appreciate your time spent with me on this, and I feel a bit sheepish about not paying more attention to the db roles thread you linked me to in your earlier post. Anyway, yay, it's working!

Product Support
phil_borycens
Message 12 of 12 (233 Views)

Re: Sql Server Connection in 2013

07-24-2012 01:55 PM in reply to: Gary_Braun

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the reply. I'm glad that you narrowed it down and nailed the issue! Thank you for the details which will help anyone else who experiences a similar issue.

Phil Borycens

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community