AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Queries with AutoCAD Map3d 2013

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
scradams
936 Views, 10 Replies

Slow Queries with AutoCAD Map3d 2013

Since upgrading to Map3d 2013 querying from attached drawings takes about twice as long. The Map options seem to be unchanged. Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks,

-Jamie

Tags (2)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
JohnPM
in reply to: scradams

I can confirm an increased slow down due to memory and system requirements. Autocad Map 2013 has surpassed my computer system. Time for an upgrade.. Map 2012 is OK no problem.

John

Message 3 of 11
scradams
in reply to: JohnPM

What I'm talking about is not related to memory or system requirements. You can attach a relatively small drawing set and do a Location->ALL query, or any query type for that matter. 2013 will take about twice as long to produce the results than 2012 with almost identical memory usage. I sent this issue (CaseNo:07630220) over to product support and development confirmed it, yet they will not offer a time frame for when it will be resolved. Very frustrating.

-Jamie

Message 4 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

were the source drawings saved in 2013 or in an older dwg-format?

IMHO the problem also was know when we changed to Map3D 2010, when quering drawings in the current 2010-format everything was fine, but 2007-DWGs were slow.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 11
scradams
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

It dosen't seem to matter. I thought that might make a difference also, but I tried saving that same set of drawings in 2013 format before the query and it had to effect. 2010,2011,2012 all have same query times, 2013 is where the increase is. Naturally the larger the drawing set, the more noticable it is.

-Jamie

Message 6 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> 2010,2011,2012 all have same query times, 2013 is where the increase is

Yes, because all these versions (2010,2011,2012) use the same drawing-format. But 2013 has a new one.

>> I tried saving that same set of drawings in 2013 format before the query and it had to effect

Ok, what amount of data do you have and how are they structured (small but many drawings or large but few ones) plus an additional question: are these drawings created by vertical apps like Civil3D?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 11
scradams

There are 7 source drawings adding up to 6mb. Yes they were created using AutoCAD MAP3D 2012.

Message 8 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

ok, I have tried it now and can reproduce the issue, I compared

Civil3D2012x64 ... 27sec

Civil3D2013x64 ... 44sec (not depending on DWG format, tried DWG2010 and DWG2013 for the queried dwgs)

Sorry, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 11
scradams

Ok good, so that makes you, me and AutoCAD Map development. Isn't this going to affect you?

As a developer of an AutoCAD Map application (StellarMAP) there is no work around I can apply to this. This will have a big negative impact on our users. I guess we will see if it's fixed in the next version.

Message 10 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> As a developer of an AutoCAD Map application (StellarMAP) there is no work around I can apply to this.

We have for "simple queries" an own application that does import geometry from external drawings into the current one. So if you don't need the map-query-specials (like back-save, geometry-reprojection, geometry-modifications like block-exchange/hatch-creation/...) it's as developer not as difficult to write your own query-application.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 11 of 11
mkaandorp

I compared AutoCAD MAP 3D 2012 and 2013 on same machine.

Both on their own dwg format.

Regen in 2012 takes 2,6 seconds and Regen in 2013 takes 3,6 seconds.

So 25% performance loss when upgrading. That was not on the "what's new list".......

Please, Autodesk improve the preformance in 2013. Engineers are complaining about performance and they demand 2012 back on their machines.

Marco

Win7, 64b

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost