AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shape file wont draw and data table is grayed out

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bboisvert976
523 Views, 2 Replies

Shape file wont draw and data table is grayed out

Hi,

I've continually ran into this error. I will connect to several shape files and often one of them will not draw on the map. The data can be viewed in the data table but it is all grayed out. When a specific feature in the data table is selected, it is highlighted on the map, but as soon as it is de-selected, it disappears. My co-worker next to me has connected to the data and is viewing it fine. This happens when neither of us are editing. Today I tried using an older version of the same shape file that didn't draw, and it worked fine. However, one of the layers that previously was working properly disappeared and the data table was grayed out just like the other! I am using Map 3D 2014.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
foxeec
in reply to: bboisvert976

We've experienced the same thing.

This typically happens when  two people are accessing the same shapefile at the same time.  In our case, whoever opens or connects to the shapefile first is the one who gets to use/see it.

Map 2012 & Map 2013.

Lorrie

Message 3 of 3
bboisvert976
in reply to: foxeec

That seems to have worked. I am actually using Arcmap while my coworker is using Map 3D. As long as she opens her file first, all appears to be ok. We are not editing the same shape files at the same time, but we are viewing them at the same time.

Thanks,

Brian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost