AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shading A Styled Object

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
WIZNICKARTS
471 Views, 5 Replies

Shading A Styled Object

Okay I'm new to map so pardon me if this question is too elementary. I used civil 3d and autocad map 2010 to connect to a soils data .shp file provided by my state. Then i created a style using filters and rules to identify the various soil symbols provided in the data file. This resulted in a multicolored map shading the various soil types. The shaded polygons and areas list as mapbulkobject and they do not obey any plot style table or color table. When I plot the map Its too bold and I want to screen all the colors back about 75% so they will not over run my site entities. Does anyone know how I can get those screened back without saving the layer out to a different file and making them autocad entities? Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi,

why not setting the colors to lighter or adding some transparency (for the fillings) in the style-editor for the spatial objects?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6

I tried that but the amount of transparency has no bearing on the way it plots. Even though the display on the screen is very light the plot is still coming out bold.

R.T.

Message 4 of 6

Hi,

>> the amount of transparency has no bearing on the way it plots

And you have set MAPPLOTTRANSPARENCY to 1?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 6

That done the trick and i thank you very much sir. Happy days with my shaded plot.....lol.

Thanks'

Message 6 of 6

Hi,

just to make sure: don't forget to set the variable back to 0 if you don't need transparency!

The quality of the output is quite better when set to 0 (as then the geomtry is sent as vectors and not rastered) and the size of the plot-data is less with sysvar set to 0 (very very large dataamount with 1 in some situations).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost