AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Up Coordinate System / Geo-Referencing Help!!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
bbrou25
723 Views, 4 Replies

Setting Up Coordinate System / Geo-Referencing Help!!

I have an Map that was drawn in regular autoCAD drawn 1:1.  I know the coordinate system that I need to assign to it and some known coordiante but how to I go about getting my current map to be correctly geo-refenced.  I am relatively new to AutoCAD map.  Is there a way to tell AutoCAD map that a certain few points are at certain coordinates, and the rest falls into place?  Thanks in advance for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: bbrou25

No way: the assigned CRS (command _ADESETCRDSYS) will affect the whole map.

If you have survey points in a local coordinate reference system, you could _ALIGN them snapping to known nodes belonging to the main CRS.

Other ideas, gentlemen..?

Message 3 of 5
hence_the_name
in reply to: bbrou25

Hi,

I'm not sure if I do understand what you want to do but there is a Map command called _adersheet which migth be helpful in your case. Just check the Map manual for further details,

Rob

http://raumpatrouille3d.blogspot.ch/
Message 4 of 5

What I've done in the past is insert overhead images that are georeferenced, then move my CAD file over the image but that's still eyeballing it, not exactly georeferenced.

Another way is if you have shape files that correspond to your CAD file in a way that you can match them up.

Message 5 of 5
bbrou25
in reply to: snakerancher

I actually was able to obtain an shape file that corresponds to my CAD file.  My thought were they same, connect to the shape file, move my CAD drawing "on-top" of the shape file, and then my CAD file would be geo-referenced.

This is the problem, I am having issues with drawing units.  The original CAD file was drawing in architectural units (smallest units being an inch). The shape file looks like it wasn't necessarily drawn in units, or I guess since it is using the coordinate system LA83-SF-MOD, its units would be US Survey Foot.  

There in lies my problem, when I connect and bring in the shape file it is 1/12 the size of my corresponding CAD drawing.  The Shape files 1 unit = 1 foot, whereas the CAD drawings 1 unit = 1inch.

I can scale down the CAD drawing by 1/12 and it will match up but I this CAD map is also an XREF to 10 other maps, I would have to open then and scale them down, line them up, etc. 

Any ideas to avoid this. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost