AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scattered lines everywhere

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
brianhrussell
25953 Views, 4 Replies

Scattered lines everywhere

There are random lines scattered all over my drawing. They go away and come back as I pan and zoom. They don't have a pattern or anything. It reminds me of a glitchy video game.  I am adding to a drawing I received from the people who contracted us so I did not create this drawing from the start. I am just adding the work our company is doing.

What is causing this? And more importantly, how do I get rid of them or prevent them from showing up?

See attached for screenshot.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
braudpat
in reply to: brianhrussell

Hello from France

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Q1) Is it a "pure" DWG ?

or is it an AutoCAD MAP DWG with FDO Layers (coming from SDF, SHP, SQLite, Oracle Spatial, PostGIS, etc) ?

Q2) Always the problem even after a REGEN ?

Q3) Can you select these entities ?

Q4) Have you tried to run WITHOUT "Graphic Hardware Acceleration" ?

Q5) Which Windows : Win Seven, Win 8.0, Win 8.1 ?

Q6) Which graphic card into your PC ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
ssquailia
in reply to: brianhrussell

I fixed this by turning the Graphics Hardware Accelerator OFF.

You can use GRAPHICSCONFIG ... or use the little toolbar in the lower right of the screen...it looks like a little dial.

I attached a photo showing my view of the lines with the Graphics Hardware Accelerator ON & OFF.

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: ssquailia

Hi,

you might also look for graphic card drivers update, I guess they will come out soon as there are more than just this one issue with the 2015-products.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
brianhrussell
in reply to: ssquailia

Turning Graphics Hardware Acceleration off seems to have fixed it right away, thanks! The laptop is not very high end and I believe is especially lacking in graphics. I am not at work right now and can't check exactly what graphics chipset it has, but I don't think it's very good. This solution is good enough for me right now.

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for the quick response!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost