AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

KellyMason3179
Message 1 of 3 (345 Views)
Accepted Solution

SDF and SHP Connections Bound to a Layer

345 Views, 2 Replies
10-18-2010 11:43 AM

I dont recall this happening before. I have a DWG file with over 20 SDF and SHP connections to display data then a few ACAD layers for Text Plines and a Vport Layer(problem one)...somehow all my Linked data sets SDF and SHP links are now bound to my Vport layer(which i have in Do Not Plot mode)....and i cant figure out how it happened our how to change it.

I thought all linked data was never bound to a layer am I wrong? (2008 MAP 3D)

Any thoughts on how to un-associate these items from this layer?

Has this ever happend to anyone else?

Valued Contributor
rmacan
Message 2 of 3 (316 Views)

Re: SDF and SHP Connections Bound to a Layer

10-21-2010 09:09 AM in reply to: KellyMason3179

I thought that files attached and displayed via FDO were placed on the current layer upon opening the drawing file. 

Try setting your Layer 0 as current, close the drawing file, and reopen it before printing it again.  It's worked for me before.

KellyMason3179
Message 3 of 3 (307 Views)

Re: SDF and SHP Connections Bound to a Layer

10-21-2010 12:04 PM in reply to: rmacan

Thanks, one of the last things I did was to modify or vpclip a new area and save the DWG again with the vport layer as the active layer. I really don't remember seeing this in any documentation, but I wont forget it either !

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community