AutoCAD Map 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
Gary_Braun
Message 11 of 14 (483 Views)

Re: SDE Enterprise Connection - No ArcGIS License Found

10-03-2012 01:21 PM in reply to: phil_borycens

Hi Phil,

I'm so glad to see this is "solved", kind of adds new meaning to the word.

In any case, we've just gone through a process of pretty extensive upgrades of our gis servers and other bits of associated software, and I don't think there is any going back to 10.0 at this point. All along the way, I just KNEW this was going to happen.

Thanks for your input Phil, I do appreciate your help.

Contributor
malcolml
Message 12 of 14 (473 Views)

10-04-2012 07:02 AM in reply to: Gary_Braun

I have just been informed by our GIS group that they are upgrading to Arcgis 10.1. We are currently using Civil 3D 2012 but can move to Civil 3D 2013 if the connection issue has been resolved.

Valued Contributor
Gary_Braun
Message 13 of 14 (312 Views)

05-30-2013 12:49 PM in reply to: phil_borycens

Okay, so that was then and this is now.

ArcGIS 10.1 has been available since at least August 2013 but Map 3D 2014 is still not able to connect! Nine months now and a new software version, but still no resolution. I find it curious that a relatively small, (though admittedly bright), company like Safe Software has been able to read/write to ArcGIS 10.1 sde and file geodatabases with FME since the day esri 10.1 was launched, but a behemoth like Autodesk seems uanble to pull it off. It really does sound more like a lack of will than anything else.

Has ANYBODY been able to connect to ArcGIS 10.1 data through the ArcGIS FDO connector yet?

anybody?

Valued Contributor
Gary_Braun
Message 14 of 14 (281 Views)

08-02-2013 10:27 AM in reply to: Gary_Braun

Just to post a solution to my own problem, I have finally managed to make this work connecting 32-bit Map 3D 2014 to an ArcGIS 10.1 SDE data store on 64-bit SQL Server 2008 using the ArcSDE FDO connection.

What I had to do was:
Add an environment variable so Map could pull an esri license.
ESRI_LICENSE_FILE = port@server

Then I had to find the following libraries in my Arcgis desktop BIN folder and copy them into my Map 3D BIN/FDO folder; gsrvmssql101.dll, icudt44.dll, icuuc44.dll, sdemssqlsrvr101.dll, xerces-c_3.1.dll

I don't believe this has anything to do with pe.dll, sg.dll, and sde.dll, I had already added them to my BIN folder and didn't bother to remove them so they are still in there, but the connection did not work until I added the other libraries I've mentioned.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community