AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real Time Geology Mapping

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mrgsite
377 Views, 2 Replies

Real Time Geology Mapping

I would like to use AudoCad 3D to do real time pit geology mapping.  I have a AudoCad 3D on a tough which is equipped with Bluetooth.  I have a Trimble 5800 rover which is also equipped with blue tooth, and I would like to connect the Trimble with AudoCad so I can see my position in real time while I'm mapping with AudoCad.  Can I do this?  How do I do this?  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

-MIchelle

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
thepworth
in reply to: mrgsite

My initial answer is "I don't think so" - you can create a survey data store and download "static" data.  Design Review (free viewer) has an ability to real-time query a comm port on a computer for a GPS signal and can update/show current location on a georeferenced dwf/dwfx - see the skillbuilder at the following link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=7107901&linkID=9240855

So, you might have to create a dwf of your map with map3d and then use design review in the field, collect waypoints with your gps & download them as a datafile back into map.  can be done in the field, but not as elegant as I'd like to suggest.

anyone else?

Message 3 of 3
alexlibrelon
in reply to: thepworth

Hi,
You want to launch GPS points in Map or navigate in real time?

In real time, there is not a routing tool and launch points in the MAP, I use LISP or Civil 3D.

-----

Alex Librelon
www.alexlibrelon.blogspot.com
www.youtube.com/alexlibrelon

Alex Librelon
Projetista Master - Youtube | Blog | Linkedin

- Marque a resposta que resolveu o seu problema como solução, isso ajuda os outros usuários em suas buscas;
- Clique em "Curtir" caso a resposta tenha ajudado;

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost