AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Selection Dialog Box

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Charm1170
9144 Views, 2 Replies

Random Selection Dialog Box

I am using 2011 Map3D. Suddenly I am getting a "Selection Dialog Box", I dont really know what else to call it.  I've attached a screen capture of this nuisance.

Can anyone assist me to disable it? It would be super to get rid of it.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Charm1170

Hi,

>> Suddenly I am getting a "Selection Dialog Box", I dont really know what else to call it

Haven't you read "what's new in your AutoCAD-Version 2011"? 😉

Look to the sysvar SELECTIONCYCLING >>>here<<<, it helps to identity the object you wish if there is more than one object under the position of the cursor (within the pickbox or within a value measured in pixel you can set in the dialog of SELECTIONCYCLING-setting).

If you have more than one object ... and SELECTIONCYCLING is active you get the popup to choose which of the objects you want to select.

And look also to the bottom statusbar of AutoCAD ... where you swith ORTHO and OSNAP and, the most right icon of the group, is for activating/deactivating SELECTIONCYCLING. As a tip, when your cursor sometimes hangs (for short time, but just to not run continuously) in large drawings, swith that off except for the situations you need.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
Charm1170
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hooray!  Thanks so much. 

I've been using 2011 for sometime, and had not encountered this.  I must have inadvertently turned it on.

Very helpful 🙂  Have a super day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost