AutoCAD Map 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Map 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Map 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query/Feature Overlay

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
deetersmith
577 Views, 5 Replies

Query/Feature Overlay

I have all of my data in an Oracle database (Gas Enterprise Model).  I need to join the pipe (Line) with the meter (point) in order to have the attributes of both for a report.  A query on geometry in Oracle definitely did not work and doing an overlay analysis in Map3D strips the attribute data when I create a buffer.  There is nothing to join on for the tables,  A Network analysis will not work because the lines are for services and don't have their connected distribution.

If anyone has any ideas on something else to try it would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
thepworth
in reply to: deetersmith

O.K. I haven't run through it completely, but it appears that if don't get properties to move forward when buffering, does an intermediate step of performing an "identity" topology overlay get you towards the goal?  You'd think this would be core spatial analysis functionality, so there must be a way to make it work.

Message 3 of 6
Murph_Map

Save parts of the oracle data (line and meters) to SDF and post them or email them to me. you can message me if you need the email addy.

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 4 of 6
deetersmith

I was able to get an answer using an SQL statement in SQL Developer.  When I finally remembered the data checker function in M3D I was able to do some minor changes on one that used the geometry for the basis of the query and it worked very well.  If anyone needs the SQL statement as a guide let me know and I will post it.

Message 5 of 6
mapbrownie

Please post. Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
deetersmith
in reply to: mapbrownie

This is the statement I used to find the answer for points on lines and the attribute information for both.  I used SQL Developer to run the process.

select a.fid,a.diameter_nominal,a.pipe_material,b.hte_location_id,b.site_address

from okaloosagas_2012.vw_ga_pipe a,OKALOOSAGAS_2012.vw_ga_risers b

where a.fid !=b.fid

and SDO_RELATE(a.geom,b.geom, 'mask=ANYINTERACT')='TRUE'

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost